This morning, after a night of crazy dreams (on a Sunday night, I know, right?!), I'm here to tell you a couple of things I learned in my slumber...
1) Serving others isn't a "sometimes" thing... It's just a thing some do.
2) All of the things really are waiting for you, play one more round and see what happens.... and then, repeat!
Welcome to a new day. Let's get into it.
PS - SHOUTOUT TEXAS TECH FANS OMG RIGHT??! !
Did you come into work with a hangover this morning?You are definitely not alone. A new survey found that 75% of employees admitted to dragging themselves to work after a night of heavy drinking. The survey also found that more men (80%) come to work hungover than women (70%). By generation, more Millennials come to work hungover (78%). They are followed by Baby Boomers at 71% and Gen Xers at 70%.
And how well do these workers function with a hangover? Not very. 46% of those who came to work hungover only pretended to do anything, 45% spent a lot of time in the bathroom, 35% took a really long lunch, 33% took a bunch of breaks, and 20% took a nap.
So what industries have the most hungover workers? We’re looking at you, lawyers and construction workers.
Here are the Top 5 industries with the most hungover workers:
- Legal – 94%
- Construction – 86%
- Transportation and Warehousing – 83%
- Marketing and Advertising – 83%
- Hotel/Food Services/Hospitality – 82% (The Ladders)
Dessert Downer …So it seems that sugar doesn’t make you happy. A new study found that sugar not only does not improve your mood – but it may actually make you feel worse. So much for that sugar high ...(University of Warwick)
Are the days of going to an office over? According to a new survey, flexible work – being able to manage your own hours and choose where you work from – is becoming the “new normal.” The Global Workspace Survey found that 52% of respondents worldwide said they work outside their company’s main office at least half the work week or more. 71% said having a flexible work schedule and environment is a big factor when considering new career opportunities. 74% of respondents thought a flexible work situation was becoming the new norm.
- 80% of American workers would turn down a job that didn’t offer flexible work.
- 53% of U.S. workers said that being able to choose where they work is more important than working for a prestigious company.
- 30% of respondents said flexible work was more valuable to them than more vacation time.
- 78% of businesses worldwide believe that offering flexible work situations helps them attract top tier talent.
- 81% of businesses worldwide are introducing flexible work in order to retain employees.
- In the last 10 years, 83% of U.S. businesses have introduced a flexible work policy, or are planning to implement one. (The Ladders)
Hate house guests, but don’t want to tell your family and friends to stay at a hotel when they come to visit? No problem. Online retailer called Ambersonne is selling “murder scene” bedding. Nope, these aren’t leftover Halloween decorations. This is actual bedding. The duvet and matching shams are covered in bloody handprints and blood splatter. You can even get one with the word REVENGE scrawled in blood-dripping letters and another one that says HELP.Should make for some sweet dreams.If you are so inclined, you can buy the murder scene décor on Ambesonne’s website, as well as Walmart, Amazon and Wayfair. You can even get shower curtains, tablecloths and placemats … so your whole house is a murder scene.Home Sweet Home.(NY Post)
NINTENDO IS RE-RELEASINGPUNCH-OUT… WITHOUT MIKE TYSON
Back in 1987, boxer Mike Tyson was at the peak of his powers and Nintendo released one of the most famous old-school video games of all time:Punch-Out.
To win the game, you had to knock out Tyson in the last fight. No small feat.
Well now, Nintendo is planning to re-release the game on the Switch game system later this month. Except… Mike Tyson won’t be in the game. He was replaced by a character named “Mr. Dream.”
Tyson is not happy about being replaced. He went so far as tocall out Nintendo on Twitter. Even though he’s not at the peak of his powers anymore, it’s probably still not a good idea to make the champ angry. (Polygon)
DRUNK GUY WINS BIG ON PARLAY BET … HE DOESN’T REMEMBER PLACING
Derek Bergee left his home in Minnesota to enjoy some fun times in Las Vegas.
He certainly did that – and walked away with $26,000 after putting $100 on a four-leg parlay that hit in a big way.
But what made Derek’s parlay even more special is that he doesn’t remember making the bet. He was drinking a bit and walked into Planet Hollywood at 3:30 in the morning. Sure enough. He placed the bets on a bunch of Minnesota teams and won big.
Unfortunately, Derek slept through all the games while recovering in his hotel room. But, he woke up to learn he had a winning ticket. (Action Network)
SAN DIEGO IS GETTING A MUSEUM OF BEER
San Diego, California, calls itself “America’s Happiest City.” It’s not a stretch, either. The weather’s always perfect. It’s easy to be happy there.
And now, there’s another reason to be happy, because there will be a Museum of Beer opening up next year.
The goal of the museum’s founders is to create a jumping-off place where tourists can begin their personal craft beer journey.
The Museum of Beer will feature dozens of high-tech, hands-on exhibits all about beer, the drink’s history and the brewing process through the years.
And yes … There will be tasting experiences. (Travel + Leisure)
TV TODAY??! DVR or WATCH THIS STUFF...
Monday, April 8th
- Jimmy Fallon has Hugh Jackman(Missing Link), Chrissy Metz(This Is Us), music byJuice WRLD
- Stephen Colbert has Zach Galifianakis(Missing Link), Rep. Eric Swalwell, music byEllie Goulding
- Jimmy Kimmel has the stars ofAvengers: Endgame Robert Downey Junior,Scarlett Johansson,Paul RuddandChris Hemsworth, music by2 Chainz
- James Corden has Bill Hader (Barry), Anna Chlumsky (Veep), music by Ally Brooke f/ Tyga
- Seth Meyers has Kit Harington(Game of Thrones), author Chelsea Clinton(Don’t Let Them Disappear), music byMarina
- Conanhas John Bradley (Game of Thrones)
- Ellen DeGeneres has comedian Chelsea Handler, Jodie Comer(Killing Eve)
- Live With Kelly and Ryan has Hugh Jackman,Chrissy Metz
- Watch What Happens: Live has Vanderpump Rules starsJax TaylorandBrittany Cartwright
- The Viewhas Tracy Morgan (The Twilight Zone)
- The Talk, with guest co-host Kristine Johnson,has NeNe Leakes (The Real Housewives of Atlanta)
- American Idol The remaining 10 contestants of the top 20 perform duets with celebrity partners. (ABC)
- The Fix Maya obtains surveillance footage of Jessica from the night before her death. (ABC)
- The Big Bang Theory (repeat) Leonard is caught between a rock and a hard place when he becomes responsible for distributing extra grant money. (CBS)
- 2019 NCAA Basketball Tournament Texas Tech vs. Virginia (CBS)
- The Voice Superstar advisers prepare the artists for dueling duets. (NBC)
- The Enemy Within Keaton must choose between catching Tal or saving a life. (NBC)
- The Resident(repeat) Nic fears for her sister's life when she is placed in a prescription drug trial that is causing patients to experience life-threatening side effects. (FOX)
- 9-1-1(repeat) The first responders unwittingly become the subject of an eager reporter's first on-air assignment. (FOX)
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow When Hank commandeers the Waverider in 1973, the Legends find themselves on the run in an RV after kidnapping the President who is only able to tell the truth. (CW)
- Arrow(repeat) The 150th episode showcases a documentary titled The Hood and the Rise of Vigilantism starring Team Arrow. (CW)