Most gyms have been closed for the past year, and it seems folks quickly learned to adapt to a gym-free life, and have now realized they don’t need to be shelling out all that money to get their workout in.
A new survey finds:
- Two out of three Americans say the past year made them realize belonging to a gym isn’t necessary for them to be able to stay in shape.
- 82% of Americans say they’ve found it easier to maintain a home fitness routine over the past year.
- 78% believe fitness has become more accessible to them.
- 72% actually think that due to the pandemic, gyms will be a thing of the past.
And many folks found a lot of benefits to doing their workouts at home.
- Those benefits include:
- Feeling more confident to try new fitness activities (48%)
- Flexibility to work out whenever (48%)
- Flexibility on the activities they do (46%)
- 85% of people also say working out at home gives them time for themselves away from their family.
- And 40% of people actually believe they are more motivated to work out since they’ve started doing it at home.
- Improving their overall health is a motivation for over 50% of those surveyed.
- Boosting their energy levels and improving mental health are also big motivating factors (50% each).
- And here’s another motivating factor – 20% of people say keeping a home workout routine has led to better sex.
Source: SWNS Digital